Saturday, November 19, 2011

我喜欢,和不喜欢的。

I can't sing and dance.... but I love to watch singing and dancing...

One of my fave passtime on friday nights or weekends is searching for latest good songs or watching MVs or lives on youtube. It's simply amazing and uplifting to watch good performers singing and/or dancing.

For me, vocal & music are the 2 most important components I'll look for followed by performance. That's why I was touched by Yoga Lin's performance during 星光大道 although his voice isn't perfect. But he has good voice!

Pretty and cute face is a plus point!!

I especially love those with wide vocal range and "flexibility", like TaeYeon. I like how she hit the high note. Asians usually can't sing that well compared to Caucasians and yet I was really amazed by her live performance singing Hush Hush (originally sung by The Pussycat Dolls). Plus her alluring dance moves... and the cute face...


After watching this I searched for The Pussycat Dolls' version and... I may be biased but I absolutely prefer TaeYeon's.

And... sorry to 李佳薇's fans, although 煎熬 is quite a nice song, I can't tolerate how she sings, it's simply ear-piercing!!! To me, it's screaming not singing. 如果只是为了show off vocal range 而唱,那又有什么意义呢。李佳薇只是另一个张惠妹。听李佳薇不如听Olivia Ong的声音,可舒服多了。


最后献上一首one of my favourites, Olivia Ong的 A Love Theme。没有做作的飙高音,听了好舒服。。。

1 comment:

SK said...

同意你说的,听李佳薇唱《煎熬》,chorus部分真的很煎熬。歌曲的开头部分还不错,chorus忽然把音调高就变得很造作。