Our company's annual dinner was done in KL Hilton. The theme is top hat and the dress code is... there is no dress code.
Perhaps everybody was mistaken about the meaning of "top hat" (including myself) because everybody was wearing various types of hat/cap to the dinner. They were all very creative.

A snapshot of how I looked that night, with my colleague and her "cow girl" look. My "hat" was bought at the flea market @ The Curve.
The second day, we flew off to Langkawi for our kick off meeting. We stayed in The Datai, which is about 45minutes drive from town centre and which normally costs >RM1,000 per night.
It has got 2 basins so that I don't have to fight for toilet with my room mate. Heheh~
The bath tub comes with jacuzzi but I didn't try. However, I did go for swimming in their swimming pool which was soothing and a nice experience.
On day 2 @ Langkawi, we went for Mangrove Tour where we rode in a motor boat and toured around the island. It was a sunny day but we were having great fun riding the boat. As the wind breezed through my face, I felt cold on the outside but warm in my heart.
We stopped by a few tourist spots including bat's cave and a fish farm, where I saw this sting ray and I even got to touch it!!!

We were brought to a place where we saw how eagles were being fed with chicken's skin. Those eagles were awesome.

Later on our way back, the boat man told us that the monkeys could swim and asked us to lure them to the water with food. So, my collegue threw them biscuits and they really jumped into the water to grab their food!

We suddenly had this "silly" idea while walking back towards the hotel after the mangrove tour.
After 2 nights' stay, we moved to another nearby hotel - Andaman. This hotel was slightly cheaper, I was told. Around RM400++ per night.
The hotel was very near to the beach and it has got a swimming pool too! We spotted this monitor lizard besides the swimming pool and right in front of a sign board which reads "Beware, monitor lizard crossing". Haha~what an irony!

The last night before we depart for KL, we had our gala dinner in the hotel itself. This time, the theme is "Black & Chic". I have many black dresses. Luckily I don't have to buy a new dress for this event.
Overall, we spent 6 days 5 nights in Langkawi. It was fun and a memorable experience. Although I had to rush for my presentation slides in the first few days, I also had fun with my colleagues during our dinner, when we were happily chit chatting and when we played wii in the hotel's room.
7 comments:
wow, nice shot! especially the monkey. using ur sony ericson? ur company trip + annual dinner seems so fun~
Haha... the monkey and eagle were taken by my kolig wif her camera. i “curi”only. Some low quality pics were taken wif my sony handphone cos i forgot to bring camera.
Its not company trip but annual meeting.
6 DAYS!!! Can't imagine spending so much times there!!!
the eagles there must be very fat.. eating chicken skin... what a diet...
ya, we also complained about having to spend 6 days for the meeting. However, time did fly.
rockstar, the eagles fly all the time. enough exercise so won't grow fat.
6 days of annual meeting.... long meeting :) but seems like it is a fun trip.
what is "top hat" supposed to mean?
actually the meeting lasted around 2.5-3 days only. the rest were transportation & free time, like the mangrove tour we had.
top hat is a tall, flat-crowned, broad-brimmed hat worn prior to and including the 19th and early 20th centuries..
Post a Comment