Monday, December 25, 2006

A "Packed" X'mas Holiday

Finally ~ ended my 3 days 2 nights trip to Singapore. ♪♪(^O^)

My last visit to Singapore was March 2005.

"How was Singapore?" If you asked me...
I would say, "packed!".

I think it's a norm for people from nearby countries to go to Singapore during festive seasons, like Christmas.
If you don't believe it... I bumped into my colleagues!!!
It's a small world after all...

My aim was just to relax instead of a shopping spree...
But given the tremendous crowd, we had to elbowed our way from one place to another.
And we barely gasped a breath of fresh air...

I do not know for certain whether the crowds were mostly made from foreigners who came for a short visit.... or were they Singaporeans/expats/foreign workers??

After more than one and a half year, my impression towards Singapore has somehow changed.
It's unlikely a place I would frequent in future... for leisure..

I know it was packed, because of Christmas... but I've also seen a phenomenon which I'd not really "come across" or "realised" early last year.
I saw low-wage foreign workers everywhere!!!
While I was shopping, waiting for bus, and taking mrt...
Although I had only been to Orchard, Bugis, Balestier (where I stayed), and Ang Mo Kio during these 3 days.
So... was it packed due to visitors or was it due to overflow of foreign workers??

My bf's bro who is working in Singapore told us that few years ago, you could still come out for shopping during weekends... but now, it's much too crowded for him and his wife to enjoy shopping for groceries.

Singapore is a small country and it's already heavily loaded...
Why would they want to take in so many foreign workers??
What was wrong???
...probably you and me have the answer in our hearts...

I remember a friend once told us that,
if she were rich, she would choose Singapore to reside...
For me, definitely a no-no!
In the past, it might be a nice country to stay though...

Okay ~ now it's time to summarise my stay with some photos.
(didn't take many photos though...)


On the 2nd day, the 1st thing we tried ~ MOS Burger!!!
Special japanase-style unagi rice burger ~~ delicious 'n healthy!


This year, the lighting was mostly in yellow.. which was... errr... "inelegant".
We found this in Bugis Junctions... white lighting better, at least this is what I think...


Had our coffee break in Starbucks...
gez what? It tastes better in KL. Really!!!


Checkin' out stuff bought from Muji (無印良品)


Wondering how small our room was?? 〒▽〒 Yes! That's it!! It was that small.
We stayed at Hotel 81 -- love nest for those seeking comfort from whore... ~>_<~

Other than MOS burger, we also tried frog porridge (田鸡粥) in Ang Mo Kio.
Spicy and yummy!!! But forgot to take a picture of the food.

So.. that's all...

meRRy x'MAs!!! メリークリスマス(^O^)☆

7 comments:

Blueyebabe said...

ya, I dun like the MRT escalator, too speeding, make me almost fell down.

Erika said...

the escalator is alright for me though... u will get used to it... but not the crowd.. =(

andersonloo said...

你觉得拥挤,因为你去的地方不是上流人去的地方。其实也不会太拥挤啦,大城市都一样。下次有机会到香港或中国去见识下人撞人的感觉吧。(如果你还没去过)

Erika said...

我去过香港2次,深圳1次。香港拥挤,却是香港人居多。。。
我去过新加坡很多次了,因为工作关系,可是,阔别一年多,却有点不一样了。。。
事变境迁。。(我的成语对不对?paiseh..)

Anonymous said...

although im a johorian, but i have never celebrate xmas in spore before coz i heard about the horrible crowd... ehem.. yes, i said that spore is a good place to stay after retired, just bcoz i love the greenish environment and cleanliness there n i think that spore is a very systematic country which our country should look up to...anyhow, thats only a little thought of mine...
P/S: should be 事过境迁....

andersonloo said...

我不觉得香港的拥挤是香港人居多。上次我到香港玩得时候,我也像你这么想,不过我的一位香港朋友告诉我,在马路上行走的人,大多是自由行的中国人,道地香港人反而较少。

Erika said...

vyvy, yeah, i agree that s'pore in many ways exceeds m'sia and there are many things we should learn from them and the other more advanced countries...

anderson, i agree there are more & more chinese from china everywhere... even back in taiping. horrible... >__<
things have changed...