Friday, October 12, 2007

My 1st Karaoke with Japanese

On the 8th of Oct, my new Japanese company organized a welcome cum farewell dinner for me and my 3 other colleagues. There were 3 tables altogether, and as one of the newcomers, I had to sit in the same table with my president and sn. exec director.

Well, it was considered a warm welcome for me. As it was the first time a company had ever organised a welcome party for their staff. It was a sit-down dinner ~ we were served Chinese dishes (in case you are thinking Japanese food).

Later that night, after we finished our dinner at around 9.30pm, I was one of the staff invited for a drink+karaoke session with the senior management staff at Plaza Mont. Kiara. It was a karaoke lounge meant for Japanese.

Inside the karaoke room, we were not short of full selection of Japanese songs, of course. I was so excited to see even the latest Japanese songs were in the list! Haha! What a waste that I haven't practised to sing any of these newest songs lately. Or to be more precise, most of the Japanese songs are difficult for me to sing ~~ too high-pitched for my voice.

It was real fun when it came to the singing part. Heheh... it was also my first time singing K with my managers, directors and president. Each of us have to sing a song and we used "jankenpon" (猜拳 or mora in Japanese) to determine who sings first. Haha! This was fun too!
(^-^)v

Surprisingly, most of them can sing very well, especially my Japanese president. Another Japanese manager in his 40s caught me by surprise when he chose to sing Ketsumeishi
(ケツメイシ)'s song, which is a mixture of rap and singing.

I'd to sing two songs. The first round I sang a Mandarin song as I hadn't managed to search from a thick list the Japanese song I wanted within a time constraint. The 2nd turn, I managed to find the song ~ Yuki no Hana (雪の華) by Nakashima Mika (中島美嘉). Then I showed off a bit by being the only non-Japanese in the group to sing Japanese song. Although I did sing quite badly (especially at the high-pitch note), I was complimented, out of their politeness. (^-^)

We had fun until 12.10am. By the time I reached home, it was already 12.35am and imagine I still had to get up at 6am to commute to work... (>_<。)

Anyway, it was a fun experience to share.... as I've always liked to sing karaoke. And it may be the strong reason to keep me in this company, despite the troughs I am going through in the office day in day out.... m(_ _)m   

1 comment:

andersonloo said...

Duno sing Japaneses song at all...