Monday, July 16, 2007

My Last Day ~ My Privacy "Hacked"

Finally...
Today is my last day of service with my current company...
and I'm taking weeks off to rest...

Wanted to say "thank you" to all my fellow colleagues who treated me to lunch today.

You know I am never good at expressing myself...

Some may wonder why I did not cry or show any emotion...
but actually~
I just did not want to think about it....
or to bare it...
Or was I just too engrossed at work today .... on my final day??!!
Actually I still have to go back tomorrow to settle things...

I was with this company for 4 years...
I would be lying if I told you I was dying to leave this company..

Here,
I have my fave bosses, colleagues cum best friends.
They may not be the best in the world...
but they are the best in my heart.
Here,
I find my tears, laughters, despair...

I know I will never be the best colleague or subordinate...
but I will treasure every moment that we share...

Although there are also colleagues whom I do not know well...
or whom I do not get along so well...

To avoid sadness~
sometimes I just "hide" my emotion deep down
but it doesn't mean I am relentless..

People may think I am selfish to leave the company when they need me the most...
but I would think that, to the company, nobody is indispensable
It's probably time to move on to the next step...
to explore something new and different...
for my personal values' sake...

I hope I will grow,
and the company will grow...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite the happy cum sad moments today~~
and it was a rather relief to unload my "burden" with this workplace finally..
I was soOOO upset to discover something...

One MIS personnel told me that he "knew" I was going to leave because he saw me logging into the jobstreet!!!
I was searching for jobs at that time and I surfed that website for a few days...
I did it in the office because I was somehow prepared and that
I wasn't afraid my boss knew I was actively looking for jobs.
But having found out a MIS staff really did watch every single website that we went to is way too much!!!

Why would a company pay so much to hire a person to "spy" on us??!!
Are we evaluated based on the websites we visited or the results we produced??
That's funny!
I couldn't understand why?!!

I don't think I overreacted.
In my mind, I told myself, "that's it!"
I am glad that I'm finally over it!!!

10 comments:

Zzzzzzz said...

i believe that MIS is not purposely spy on what you surf. Every company do have their own policy in Information System , this is to prevent user from accessing porn site or tracing harmful attack from outside/inside. Furthermore, some boss might use it to evaluate how much time for a staff to spend on surf net, and of coz all this is depends on the working nature.
that MIS just accidentally saw your surfing log during his/her monitoring.

Anyway, congratulation to you. Leaving is not the END, but another new life for you.

Erika said...

No. He didn't do it accidentally. In fact, he wanted us to know that he is "watching" us from time to time. One day he called me instantly to tell that one of my staff was using MSN online, which is prohibited in my company.

Last time MIS staff told me they were too busy to "monitor" us, until this guy came in. I reckon they have nothing better for him to do... that's a pity!!!

Zzzzzzz said...

oic... then ar, i got nothing to said liao, since this is ur company's management order. I wonder how come u can work under this environment for more than 4 years..hehe

u can ask ur sister, last time in CTE happen similar before, we "open fire" then the technical department surrender. hahaha

Anonymous said...

really will miss you~ *sob sob*
without you, my world will only in black and white... hahhaha (yes, i am a copy cat!!)

Erika said...

kycek,
sometimes this type of policy has its good & bad.

vyvy,
haha... the phrase did sound familiar ya... anyway, i'm gonna miss u all too!!!

andersonloo said...

Actually is nothing wrong for them to monitor you, everywhere also same things happen. Some company allow MSN, but all MSN messages being sent are being monitored too.

andersonloo said...

Anyway, shocked that u also will leave! hahaha... people come people go, my company also same..

Erika said...

what makes u think that i won't leave?

maybe it's true. heard that even european companies are very strict. only americans give u flexibility.

i think i shall no longer take it for granted that MIS is too busy to "track" you...

CFC said...

A word of advise here. In my ex-company which I worked like a woof-woof, every electronic communication, I have to be careful. So, on my company Emails, I do company stuff and on my private Emails, I do at home. And also, whatever I "post" on the Email, I have to be professional.

However, I am not sure if the rules have changed or not. Because I read somewhere that the company has no right to "spy" on you unless they have been authorised to. And maybe, you might need to sign a consent letter before all this can happen. But for this MIS case, you can report him for using company property/resources to go against you or something.

Erika said...

ya, i will be extra careful next time...

i think this MIS staff acted under the instruction of his boss, who knows nothing about IT. some bosses like to micromanage people, i think.

i mean there's no right or wrong. just be careful next time...