Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What am I Reading Recently?



Yes, this is what I am reading recently
~ Blue Ocean Strategy (中译:蓝海策略)
It's another international bestseller.
Luckily, this book is not as thick as "The World is Flat",
and hopefully I can finish it within a month.
★You know, I've always been a slow reader.★

I'd been searching and waiting for the paperback for months because the hard cover was a abit pricey ~~ about RM120.
But obviously, the publisher just wouldn't settle for a cheaper version...

It's indeed an excellent book which teaches you how to create uncontested market space - a blue ocean, instead of having head-to-head competition in a red "bloody" ocean.
Blue ocean strategy is popular and these words are widely used and quoted in marketing strategies.
In fact, those involved in marketing, business or likewise are considered "out-dated" if they do not know blue ocean strategies.

This book has been translated into 36 different languages.

Hopefully I can finish it ASAP so that I can move on to the next good book and recommend it on my blog.(^-^)V
(provided i do not "waste" my time surfing the internet and blogging...)

4 comments:

andersonloo said...

I also plan to buy this book since long time, but until now still...

Erika said...

if you understand chinese, you may wanna buy a chinese version coz only rm25+ if i'm not wrong...

andersonloo said...

Just found it in Popular Book Shops just now, the prices are RM65. (for chinese version)

Erika said...

i'm sure u can find cheaper version in smaller bookshop. mayb the paper quality will not be that good...